Moms are amazing people. They selflessly care for their children making sure there are always clean clothes to wear, a delicious dinner on the table, and plenty of love to go around. They often put their families ahead of themselves expecting only a quick hug or a smile as a reward. That’s why celebrations honouring mothers have been occurring since the times of the ancient Greeks, and perhaps even before. The first official Mother’s Day in the United States was on May 9, 1914 when President Woodrow Wilson declared the second Sunday in May to be National Mother’s Day, a day on which mothers throughout the country should be recognized for all they do.
Flowers have long been a traditional gift to present to mothers on Mother’s Day. While every Mom loves to receive a bouquet or arrangement of her favourite flowers, there are lots of other ways you can incorporate flowers into an extra special declaration of your love. And, it doesn’t matter what your age is or if you’re helping your own young children celebrate Mom you can use flowers to make this Mother’s Day one she’ll always remember. Here are some ideas for both adult children and for younger children:
• If you’re going to celebrate Mother’s Day with dinner out, take a soup bowl and some silverware to your florist. Have the florist create a floral design in the bowl using the silverware as accessories to the arrangement. Place an invitation to the restaurant among the flowers.
• For a public declaration of your love, take your Mom out to a restaurant and arrange to have flowers delivered to the table.
• Let your Mom know she should relax today. Gift wrap a book and ask your florist to include it with a flower arrangement and a note telling her to spend her day relaxing.
• Send your Mom a Mother’s Day tree or plant. Take photographs mounted on decorative paper or in small frames to your florist and ask him or her to tie them to a small tree or plant using matching ribbons.
• Give your Mom a corsage to wear throughout the day. She’ll especially enjoy this if she plans to attend a worship service or other public event where everyone can see the gift you’ve given her.
• Invite Mom to a movie. Take the movie section from a recent newspaper to your florist and ask him or her to place it in a box of flowers. Decorate the outside of the box with movie candy or candy and popcorn wrappers. Include a card letting Mom know she gets to pick the movie and you’ll buy the tickets and treats.
• Send Mom on a floral treasure hunt. Purchase several single stems of flowers. Have your florist place a flower tube on each one. Hide the flowers around the house and give Mom clues to lead her to each one. Make the last find a vase to place the flowers in and a note letting her know what a treasure she is.
• Breakfast in bed is a time-honoured Mother’s Day tradition. Place a pretty vase of her favourite flowers on the tray.
Whether her children are grown or still young, every Mom deserves a special Mother’s Day. Your florist will be delighted to help you express your love and respect in almost any creative way you can think of—they might even be able to offer some ideas of their own!
- What qualities do you need to become a New Bern florist? (middletownlocksmith.wordpress.com)
- Straightforward method of Angel Florist: (earthinglings.wordpress.com)
- It is your time to get the silk fabric with the cheapest price (fashionfabricsonlines.wordpress.com)
- Gifts for Mothers Day (redenvelope.com)
- Mother’s Day in America: Historical or Hallmark Holiday? (visualeconomics.creditloan.com)
- Todich Floral Design creates personal bouquets for Mothers Day (prweb.com)
- Flowers24hours Improves their Mother’s Day Gifting Range (prweb.com)
- Living Well: 10 Secrets For Extending The Life of Cut Flowers (designmom.com)
- At Sunny’s Florist, A Billion Dollar Industry, One Bouquet At A Time (nyulocal.com)
- Marks & Spencer takes on florist over Mother’s Day (thetimes.co.uk)